Home >> Announcements
HVAC TECHNICIAN (HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of HVAC Technician at the Dominica China Friendship Hospital. The HVAC Technician has the responsibility of maintaining heating/air conditioning and/or refrigeration systems; identifying repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain equipment and systems; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Minimum 2 years of Refrigeration and Airconditioning maintenance experience;
- Preferable to have hospital or healthcare maintenance experience;
- Certification in HVAC and Refrigeration technology
- Diagnosing malfunctions of heating/air conditioning/refrigeration systems and/or components for the purpose of identifying repair/replacement needs;
- Installation of heating/air conditioning/refrigeration systems and related equipment (e.g. unit heaters, pumps, safety controls, e t c . );
- Maintenance of tools, supplies, and/or equipment (e.g., torches, cutters, drills, test equipment, sheet metal, control components, filters, fan blades, gaskets, seals, );
- Recommending the purchase of suitable equipment and supplies (e.g., replacement parts, filters, sheet metal, associated hardware, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring the availability of required items;
- Preparation of documentation (e.g., service records, requisitions, work performed, );
- Reparative and Preventative maintenance of various systems and/or components (e.g., refrigerators, air conditioning systems, heating units, etc.) for the purpose of providing renovation and preventive maintenance of heating/air conditioning and refrigeration
The successful applicant will be given a two (2) year service contract with the possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance. He/she will receive a compensation package consistent with qualifications and experience.
Applications should be sent under CONFIDENTIAL cover to the:
Human Resources Manager Dominica Hospitals Authority Administrative Building
Dominica China Friendship Hospital Federation Drive
- Applications can also be sent by email to email@example.com
- Evidence of formal qualifications and the names and contact details of two (2) referees, professional referees, should be included in the Letter of
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday, 14th February 2023.