Small fire snuffed at KGH
Rob Gibson – Jan 24, 2023 / 9:25 am | Story: 407918
The Kelowna Fire Department responded to a small fire at Kelowna General Hospital Tuesday morning.
The incident happened just after 5:30 a.m. fire crews responded to a report of smoke in the Centennial building at KGH.
“First arriving crews with the assistance of KGH security and maintenance personnel were able to locate an HVAC fan motor that had overheated and charred,” says Micah Volk, platoon captain with the Kelowna Fire Department.
Damage was isolated to the HVAC equipment. Crews searched the surrounding area to make sure the fire did not spread and there was no heat damage.
The fire department responded with five engines, two ladders, one rescue unit, and one command unit along with 23 fire fighting personnel.