Apply at: https://www.azstatejobs.gov/jobs/hvac-mechanic-refrigeration-mechanic-buckeye-arizona-united-states-cf0eced8-3156-4bc5-a572-ba7ecd13b817
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
REHABILITATION & REENTRY
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry is dedicated to developing, encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding the professional performance and growth by employees at all levels. The state is proudly served by over 9,000 well-trained corrections professionals who are dedicated to public, staff and inmate safety by effectively employing sound correctional practices, efficient operational procedures, and proven programming opportunities for inmates. Join our team and help to proudly serve our community!
Arizona State Prison Complex (ASPC) – Lewis
26700 S. Highway 85
Buckeye, Arizona 85326
*Eligible for 20% Critical Service Premium Pay Stipend effective through June 24, 2022 ($48,000.00)
LOCATION ALERT: This position is located at the Arizona State Prison Complex – Lewis which is located between Buckeye and Gila Bend; it is 55 miles from central Phoenix.
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is looking to hire a detailed-oriented Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) mechanic to routinely perform general electric, plumbing, and related maintenance work associated with repairing, servicing, or installing cooling and refrigeration equipment systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs as required on all HVAC and refrigeration equipment to include evaporative cooling, air conditioning, chiller units, walk-in freezers, heating or heaters (electric and natural gas), and refrigerators
- Schedules and plans maintenance-related projects to include pricing material lists and equipment needs
- Conducts inspections and evaluates inmate workers’ performance
- Maintains records and completes documentation/reports
- Inspects, maintains, and accounts for tools and equipment
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Operating principles of various types of cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment and systems
- Test equipment, tools, and procedures associated with diagnosing problems and/or malfunctions
- Procedures for inspecting, servicing, repairing, and installing a wide variety of cooling and refrigeration equipment and associated heating ventilation systems, including large scale commercial systems
- Basic reading and interpreting sketches and schematics
- Estimating costs and ordering materials
- Preparing reports
- Written and verbal communication
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Adhere to all Department rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Work in a prison environment
- Two (2) years of work experience servicing, repairing, or installing cooling systems and refrigeration equipment
- Four (4) years of journey-level experience
HVAC certification at time of appointment
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, a drug test, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Correctional Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.