HVAC Malfunction Blamed Ashburn House Fire

A mechanical malfunction in an attic air therapy technique was discovered by the Fireplace Marshal’s Place of work as the lead to of a dwelling hearth in Ashburn on Wednesday evening.

Soon following 8 p.m. on Might 19, fireplace and rescue personnel from Broadlands, Ashburn, Kincora, Sterling Park, Dulles South, Brambleton, Leesburg and Fairfax Counties ended up termed to the Millay Court docket residence. Detached residence with significant fireplace and smoke from the 2nd ground and roof place. Two citizens were being safely and securely exterior.

Firefighters made use of the tower ladder master streams from outside to allow crews to shift in and immediately control the fire. The hurt was estimated at just about $ 759,000. The two displaced folks stay in temporary accommodation. No injuries were claimed.

In mild of the fireplace, officials reminded people to have the HVAC products checked by an approved contractor and to verify, thoroughly clean or improve the air filters in central air conditioners, stoves and / or heat pumps once a month according to the manufacturer’s guidance.

For home windows, air conditioning methods should be examined by a recognized, independent tests laboratory and mounted according to the manufacturer’s suggestions. Do not join air conditioners to an extension wire or electricity strip.

For more details on hearth protection and lifetime security, or particulars on our cost-free smoke alarm resources, visitoudoun.gov/smokealarmsor at 703-737-8600.