ALTON – Aldermen meeting as a committee of the whole on Wednesday approved an agreement with Trane to provide installation services for a new HVAC system.
At a previous meeting, the council was presented three options for the installation plans. The second of the three options was given to the council to approve. The total cost would be $7.165 million for the installation, $165,000 more than the initial estimated $7 million.
According to the agreement, the materials will be ordered in February. From there, installation would take around 18 months.
While the resolution was approved unanimously, there was question as to why the second option was given to the council without notification to council members.
“I think it was a good move to pick “B,” just a bad move not to send out a letter before hand,” Ward 3 Alderman Raymond Strebel said.
Aldermen at Monday’s meeting also:
• Authorized the adoption of the Annual Appropriation Ordinance for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year.
• Authorized a lease renewal agreement with Catdaddy’s Tavern.
• Approved improving the following streets under the Illinois Highway Code: Main Street from Hillcrest Avenue to College Avenue, State Street from Logan Street to 9th Street, and Fosterburg Road from Illinois 140/111 to south of Alton Commerce Parkway.
• Approved a request to sell and serve alcohol at the Alton Little Theater’s Frank Sinatra tribute concert fundraiser.
• Approved a request to sell and serve alcohol at the Alton Athletic Association’s music trivia fundraiser.
• Approved demolition proceedings for 919 Pear St.
• Authorized staff to apply for a Madison County Resource Management Environmental Grant.