Furnace catches fire, Cov cremation stops | Kolkata News

Howrah: The only electrical furnace used to cremate the bodies of Covid victims on the burning Shibpur Ghat in Howrah caught fireplace and made a hook on Thursday afternoon that induced the cremation course of action to be disrupted and corpses to pile up.
Locals reported a fireplace broke out all over 2:30 p.m. when the flames engulfed the incinerator and shorted out the crematorium managed by Howrah Municipal Corporation. Whilst the hearth was extinguished in 90 minutes, it will acquire some time for the electricity office employees who begun the restoration do the job to take care of it.
A person worker claimed that several bodies had been cremated in the oven, which could have sparked the hearth. “There have been eleven bodies in the queue until finally Thursday evening,” he mentioned. A senior local community formal claimed in order to cremate these bodies, authorities tried using to run a second furnace. “We’re also attempting to take care of the broken a person,” he included.