County commissioners approve new server purchases, slip repair funding

Guernsey County officers approved the purchase of two laptop servers for the county immediately after a person went down earlier this thirty day period.

“We are presently doing the job on the backup server,” mentioned Commissioner Dave Wilson. “And we need a backup for the server that is presently operating.”

The two new servers will charge $ 17,146, in accordance to Wilson, with the expense currently being paid out for from the county setting up fund as IT bills.

Commissioners accepted the transfer of $ 36,349 to the Guernsey County Freeway Division for slip repairs on Eighth Avenue Road (County Highway 33) in the northern element of the county.

County Engineer Paul Sherry said the funding supplied a 20% regional grant to an Ohio General public Operates Fee unexpected emergency grant that funded the remaining 80% of the $ 102,000 undertaking.

The committee customers also authorized a $ 3,000 price for Rea & Associates to make the once-a-year reports needed for a biannual evaluate by Ohio Family and Small children To start with.

The Guernsey County Department of Work and Household Companies receives annual funding from the Ohio Spouse and children and Small children 1st software, and Director Kathy Jamiel achieved with commissioners to focus on the necessary test.

Wilson explained the final decision to use Rea & Associates was manufactured since the business was serving to the county with inner audits.

Started in 1993, Ohio Family members and Youngsters 1st is a partnership amongst condition and local governments, communities, and households to make improvements to the properly-remaining of children and households.

In other stores:

  • Accepted pet and kennel registration fees for 2022, which includes $ 16 for a pet dog registration and $ 80 for a kennel registration. 3-yr, non-transferable registrations for a precise canine are $ 48, even though a non-transferable life span registration is out there for $ 160.
  • A deal has been signed with Parnell & Associates for a redevelopment job in Valley Township. The Cambridge-centered organization has placed a low bid of $ 100,730 on the two-portion task on Saltzburg Highway and Kenyon Avenue in Buffalo. The bid was $ 44,702 for the Kenyon Avenue function and $ 56,028 for the Saltzburg Road paving perform.
  • A ask for for a $ 295 refund for the purchase of supplies for cleaning and disinfecting county structures was granted. The expenditures were being paid from the CARES law fund.
  • A tender for a challenge to put in a computerized HVAC method in the Courthouse, Administration Developing and Sheriff’s Office environment of Guernsey County has been signed.
  • Approved renewal agreements for in depth scenario administration and work plans for the district’s Section of Labor and Household.
  • The commissioners agreed to share the cost of a specialized study for a proposed aqueduct undertaking with the Belmont County commissioners. The examine will determine the price tag of installing an aqueduct for Fairview in Guernsey County and Hendrysburg, Belmont County, related to an aqueduct owned by the village of Barnesville. The recent waterline extends north along Ohio 800 from Barnesville to Interstate 70. “The village of Barnesville does not want to keep on the line for the reason that it has adequate connections to Quaker Metropolis and Salesville,” mentioned Wilson. “We permitted the engineering review in buy to get the prices beneath manage.”
  • A lease transform in between the county and Audiology Services Organization Usa LLC (Hearing Lifestyle) at 407 Wheeling Ave. at Cambridge was authorised.
  • Approved an amendment to the July 14th resolution for the paving of Countryview Assisted Living on County Dwelling Street.
  • The Have of Hope can connect purple ribbons to trees outside the Guernsey County courthouse.
  • Appointment of Ronald Gombeda and Denny Harding to the Guernsey County Board of Developmental Disabilities.

Guernsey County Commissioners meet up with every single Monday and Wednesday at the County Administration Creating, 627 Wheeling Ave. in downtown Cambridge. Phone the workplace at 740-432-9200 for much more facts.

Electronic mail: rstillion@each day-jeff.com.