Cause of incident at MHS likely a faulty HVAC unit, officials say – Shelby County Reporter

FROM Staff members Stories

MONTEVALLO – Various companies responded to reports of a doable professional hearth at Montevallo Significant School on Monday early morning, September 27.

Montevallo Fireplace and Rescue, together with bordering divisions from Alabaster, Calera and Shelby County’s First Battalion, gained notifications of the condition at 10:22 a.m., according to a press launch from Montevallo Hearth and Rescue.

“Upon arrival, smoke was uncovered in the tape space and there was no hearth,” the statement explained. “It is thought that the smoke was brought about by a defective HVAC unit and routine maintenance groups are on web-site to assess the condition.”

No casualties ended up described and the college was reportedly not damaged.

The learners were authorized to return to course.

“We would like to thank the Alabaster Hearth Division, Calera Fireplace Office, and Shelby County To start with Battalion for responding with us,” the push launch explained. “We at this time have no other info to share.”